Maybe you already have a great design in mind and can't wait to see it on a t-shirt and actually wear it.
by Merle Van Wieringen on 12-Apr-2021
2 mins read
Maybe you already have a great design in mind and can't wait to see it on a t-shirt and actually wear it. Yet there is a question we have to ask and that is: have you already asked for feedback on your design? If not, we recommend that you do so just to be sure! Effective product feedback is essential to properly design a t-shirt design and will ensure that customers understand and like your product.
Getting productive feedback from others starts with you. The most important thing here is that you know the right questions so that the answers you get to serve as effective feedback. Good points to start with are, for example, specific questions about elements in your design. Based on research and interviews with a few designers, we have put together a list of the right questions for you to get the best feedback.
1. Is the design visually appealing?
2. Do you find the design timeless or rather leaning towards old-fashioned?
3. Is the design well built, seen symmetrically and asymmetrically?
4. Do you understand the message I want to convey with the design?
5. Do you think it is suitable for the target group I want to reach? Why / not
6. Is the design coherent or do you find it rather random? The theme, font, colors, style etc.
7. Will the design work for the medium? (Web, print, printscreen, mobile, etc.)
Now that you know what questions to ask to get the right feedback, all you need to know is who to ask the questions exactly. What are the right people to get feedback from? When looking for people to give you feedback, make sure you trust these people in their suggestions. This does not mean that they have to be a professional designer at all, sometimes it can be the case that a non-technical person is exactly what you need to get the right non-technical answers. You should also remember to offer them a good platform on which they can communicate the answers to you. Make it easy for them.
There are also a few useful platforms and apps that can help you get feedback on your design. Our favorite is Invision, where you can easily test your design, leave notes, and view and evaluate your design.